August 2010. We had been married four short months. I was working as an SLP in home health and had gotten two migraines in the last week. At first I thought it was because the heat and driving around so much for work. Then as I was sipping on a Sprite in the Costco parking lot trying to get rid of a migraine it dawned on me... hormones. Something was causing my hormones to go haywire and that is what was triggering the headaches. Then it REALLY hit me. What if it's someONE and not someTHING playing with my hormones. I sat there and quickly finished my Sprite, saw my last patient, and rushed to the drugstore.
 |
After taking three tests that day I was finally convenced by
my doctor's receptionist that I was indeed preggars.
I wrapped the test in a box with a bow and let Jon open it when he got home from work. His eyes got huge and he dropped the box. Then he turned to me and asked if I was kidding. That would be a really horrible joke, wouldn't it?
|
Here is a quick view of the three trimesters:
 |
| First Trimester. A lot of nausea and exhaustion but before the weight began... |
 |
| The Second Trimester. I was thankful for the typical "golden" trimester. Felt great and lots of energy. |
 |
| Third Trimester. Plenty of weight but SO worth it to feel the baby. |
 |
| We mixed in ultrasound pictures with our wedding pictures and met my parents at a highschool football game. We video taped them as they were looking through the photos. My dad jumped and raised his eyebrows when he saw the U/S pictures. He immediately shook Jon's hand and gave me a hug. |
One more...
 |
| This is the picture we put on our Christmas Cards to make our big announcement. |
No comments:
Post a Comment